Our lives are so busy and so full of STRESS!
Here are 8 simple tips that will relieve your stress, from the moment you wake up until the moment you go to sleep.
1. By 10:00pm, turn off all of your devices! Take time to read something in bed, or write in your journal. Take some "me” time right before bed, so your mind is decluttered from emails, TV, and messages.
2. Every morning, right when you wake up, say one thing out loud that you are thankful for. Give yourself 1 minute just to focus on that one thing in silence.
3. Instead of walking with your face in your phone, walk with your face looking forward, and smile at people doing the same. Like attracts like.
4. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. You get extra exercise throughout your day, and you get out of the mainstream hustle and bustle.
5. If your appointment is down the street; walk, don’t drive. Get some fresh air before your next appointment.
6. Let yourself sleep in at least one day of the week! Do your favorite thing, have breakfast in bed, read the paper in bed, watch a movie in bed: treat yourself like royalty for the day.
7. Make sure and drink enough water throughout the day; 64oz. When you get dehydrated, you can get irritated, which brings on stress.
8. Do random acts of kindness, without expecting anything in return. See a parking meter that’s about to expire? Put a few coins in it. Have an employee that works hard? Buy them a movie ticket. Have a friend going through a rough time? Treat them to a cup of coffee.
Helping others is a great way to make us feel good and forget about our own stress!